Thursday, July 2, 2009

Just an Ordinary Tuesday - a pictoral essay of my day

Tuesday was as ordinary as you get here at Crater Lake; the Lake was just placid and blue.
I thought it would be a great day for a boat ride with some friends. As luck would have it, the Interpretive Rangers were going for a little cruise too.
So I hiked down to the trail to the boats and got in.
On our cruise we saw some interesting formations, including a rock that was previously the side of a volcano.

We sailed some more and after an hour and a half, we arrived at a strange island. It was made out of black rocks and was full of trees. My friends thought it was magical island. I thought it looked cool.

So we hiked to the top of the island. On top of the island, all of the trees were dead.

I was scared.

It turns out the island was a volcano too. I was doubly scared.
Then we found snow and went sledding. I was no longer scared (I’m in the blue shirt standing).

When we got back to the boat, we saw a mysterious floating log. Legend says it’s been floating upright since the 1930’s. So we pushed it over.

My friends and I became fearful. This place was a sea of oddity and definitely evil. We headed home. On our way, we had a run-in with an old Phantom Ship. I thought it was a pirate ship. But we escaped.

And we even saw a castle high on the cliffs. No one was home though.

Finally, we made it back to the cliffs where we started. I was glad to be back home. It was a hair-raising day of mystery, adventure and scariness. I hope next Tuesday won’t be as terrible as this one.

See all of the photos from this Ordinary Tuesday here.