Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hiking to the Potomac

Don't let my lack of blogs be an indication to my level of activity.  I have been super busy.  For instance, while I cannot crawl yet (almost there), I went for my first hike over the weekend.  Feeling a little confined by my crib, playroom, and activity center, I needed to get out.

So I told my Mom and Dad to take me on an adventure.  It was an adventure!
Here I am in my hiking backpack.  Dad is my sherpa.   We went to Turkey Run Park off of the George Washington Parkway.  In the above picture we are a couple hundred yards above the Potomac River at the parking lot.
Here we are down at the banks of the Potomac River.  It was a fairly easy ride.  Easy, but not smooth.  My Dad sure shakes and grooves a lot when he walks.  In this photo he is teaching me to skip a rock on the river.  Of course, I do not know what a rock is or what skipping is.  But it was fun.  I know that a river is like a fast moving bath.  Mom and Dad would not let me go swimming though.  Too cold they said.

Here Dad is teaching me about trees and bark.  This was my first time really touching a tree.  It was rough.  But, it was grab-able, with grooves made just for my hands. 

The hike was a lot of fun.   You can see all my pictures from the hike in my April 2011 Album.

Peace Out,
Phin