Thursday, September 27, 2012

My First Camping Trip (Phin's second) - I Love the Outdoors

What an exciting weekend we had a few weeks ago. On Saturday afternoon, we all filed into the family sedan and head out for the 1/2 hour drive through Beltway traffic and sprawl to my first camping trip. While I wasn't sure what camping entailed, Phin reassured me that sleeping in a tent and playing in the woods would be fun. Dad said he was nervious how I would do; but, I reassured him through my actions that I love being outside - just like Mom and Dad.


So having been camping, I'm still not completely positive what it entails. All I remember, since I slept through 90% of the outing (at least that is what Mom said), is that we drove, parked, set some stuff up, went on a train ride, listened to Phin talk in his sleep (about trains, horses from the carosel, and dig trucks - not really a surprise), heard a car alarm go off, woke up, ate breakfast outside, put stuff away, went on another train ride, and then went home. Generally, this sounds like a normal day at our house (although we play with trains instead of ride on them).

Well, whatever camping entails I do love being outside and hope we can go camping again. Although next time, I hope Dad stops making silly jokes about me having to dishes.

Here's the link to the entire camping album.

Love,
Amelia
All smiles for camping (when I'm awake)

Phin, setting up the entire tent by himself (or so he said)

Playing in the tent Sunday morning - I love morning stories

Family photo