Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I'm a Big Guy, I Don't Need a Nap

I love being a Big Guy.  One of the perks about getting bigger is that while I run around more, I need less sleep.  As a result, I do not always need to nap.  Even though I do not need a nap, Mom likes me to have "rest" time - time to myself in my room with my books, stuffed animals, and some developmental toys/puzzles.  I love my rest time.  Frequently my stuffed animals, blankets, and cars have a party - we make a mess, we sing, we read books, and just act silly. 

Occasionally, these parties wear me out and I need a nap.  The shot below is the scene from Saturday.  After spending all day with Grandma and Grandpa, I needed a little party to wind down.  As you can see from the photo, I wound down on the floor under the bookcase.

 
This second photo is from back in March, when I fell asleep after taking everything (blocks, cards, etch-a-sketch...) out of my activity box and then reading about 20 books.  As you can tell, there is a theme between the two photos, I like to fall asleep on my lambs-wool rug (named Luddy) with my blankets.
 
 

Hope you have a great rest time today.

Peace Out,
Phin