Now that it is nice out, that means it is time for our first camping trip of the year. About a month ago, we packed up the Nissan for its first camping trip (and my 4th and Phin's 6th camping trip). We headed down to Westmoreland State Park on an unsually quiet weekend at the campground. Gifted by beautiful weather (who does not like weather), we had an Amelia-tastic time (hehe, I'm phunny).
Anyway, after a brief hike, we went down to a beach on the Potomac River. While Dad looked for shark teeth, Phin and I went swimming in the river. We splashed, we got wet, we got out, we had a snack, and we then realized that we left the change of clothes in the car. Phooey. So I walked back without pants on... no pants Hilbug!
Back at the campsite, I helped keep the mood high and positive (by dancing) while Mom set up the tent, Dad cooked, and Phin got poison ivy. Oh Phin, don't you know 'leaves of three let them be?' Unfortunately, I can only count to two consistently - so I do not know when there are 3 leaves, but Phin can count to 39 so he should know better.
After a great dinner and S'mores (my favorite part), it was time for bed. Phin and I stayed up late telling stories, reading books, and being silly in the tent. I think it was 9 by the time Phin fell asleep - I tried to wake him, but couldn't, so I fell asleep shortly after. We all slept until 7:00, whew we were tired.
After another trip to a different beach, we went strawberry picking - or as I called it, strawberry feasting. I love fruit, so having a smorgasbord of fruit is fantastic (or Amelia-tastic).
It was such a fun time - Phin and I can hardly wait to go camping again (although without the poison ivy).
Check out the photos from the trip (since Blogger won't let me include them)
Lots of Love,
Amelia
Anyway, after a brief hike, we went down to a beach on the Potomac River. While Dad looked for shark teeth, Phin and I went swimming in the river. We splashed, we got wet, we got out, we had a snack, and we then realized that we left the change of clothes in the car. Phooey. So I walked back without pants on... no pants Hilbug!
Back at the campsite, I helped keep the mood high and positive (by dancing) while Mom set up the tent, Dad cooked, and Phin got poison ivy. Oh Phin, don't you know 'leaves of three let them be?' Unfortunately, I can only count to two consistently - so I do not know when there are 3 leaves, but Phin can count to 39 so he should know better.
After a great dinner and S'mores (my favorite part), it was time for bed. Phin and I stayed up late telling stories, reading books, and being silly in the tent. I think it was 9 by the time Phin fell asleep - I tried to wake him, but couldn't, so I fell asleep shortly after. We all slept until 7:00, whew we were tired.
After another trip to a different beach, we went strawberry picking - or as I called it, strawberry feasting. I love fruit, so having a smorgasbord of fruit is fantastic (or Amelia-tastic).
It was such a fun time - Phin and I can hardly wait to go camping again (although without the poison ivy).
Check out the photos from the trip (since Blogger won't let me include them)
Lots of Love,
Amelia