A couple of weeks ago, Dad and Mom loaded me in the car (I like cars) for a long trip. Since I'm a bigger guy, I did better in the car then last time. I didn't cry once, but I also only napped for 1/2 hour or so each way, so someone had to sit in the back and entertain me. For the record, I only woke up on the way home because the mom and dad got off the highway to go to taco bell. And I wanted a Nachos Bell Grande.
On the way up, after about 4 hours of driving (1 hour from the final destination), we stopped for gas and a bite to eat. I was famished, I had been snacking the whole trip. But a big guy can only eat so much apple, berries, crackers, pretzels, ravioli, and other healthy snacks. So when we stopped, mom thought I should try Burger King - my first fast food experience. Well, I was definitely disappointed. You call yourself Burger King, but your food is more like the Burger Jester. I think I have had soiled diapers that taste better, oy. I did enjoy watching the trucks (I love trucks) pull into the gas station next door, so the BK was not a total loss.
Without any further stops, we finally made it to my friend Brendan's Aunt's place in the Poconos on a lake. Mom and Dad did the same trip last time she was pregnant. The next day, we woke up and went for a hike with our friend Brendan.
As soon as we finished our great hike, it started to snow. Once it stopped and I napped, Mom and Dad took me outside to play. I made my first snow man. Ultimately, I did not love snow - it's too cold. And I have mittens. I hate mittens.
That weekend, there was another big person staying at the cabin (brendan's high school buddy's daughter Remie). She's a little bit older, but I still swept her off her feet. She was impressed with my ability to be cute and playful, and to turn on and off the radio (and the volume up and down, up and down, up and down...).
This was a big cabin, and it was great to see everyone. All told, there were 16 of us in the 6 bedrooms, including us two kids (there was a bunk bed room, so cool). Dad said we were the only ones not from New York. I've never been to New York, but maybe I will get to go soon. Either way, there was a high school friend of Dad's that came (Chris), the Chef for the Clinton's (we ate well), a new friend from Wash U, a guy that works with Elmo (he's on my cell phone's speed dial), and other great people.
Oh, did I mention we were there for Mardi Gras... Party!!! Who wants some beads?
On our way out of the Pennsylvania, we stopped for another hike along a stream. Here we are on the rocks, listening to Moves Like Jagger (my favorite song, I need to listen to it everywhere I go). It's Me in the backpack, Daddy, Mommy, Brendan, and Oscar. Check out the rest of my Pocono trip photos.
