Thursday, August 7, 2014

I'm Two (from MeeMoo)

I'm two!  On July 23 two years ago, I was born.  A lot has happened in the year since I turned One. 
  • I can standup on my own,
  • My hair has grown longer,
  • I can pinch my brother (and strangers at the park),
  • I can talk,
  • I look better in dresses,
  • My arms are less chubby,
  • I no longer take monthly photo shoots,
  • I'm slightly less afraid of dogs, squirrels, cats, and other animals,
  • and I got to have a Cookie-Milk Party.
That's right, a Cookie-Milk Birthday Party!  A few days after my birthday, my Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, and Papa came in town; together my friends and Uncle David, we had a party!  Not just any party, a party to celebrate my love of cookies and milk (I actually do not drink too much milk, but I love to talk about drinking milk at meals).


We had my birthday party at one of Alexandria's soft playrooms - Dad says it is a racquetball court converted in a padded room with a ball pit, squishy climbing things, a cave, and fun things for little kiddos.  I think the best way to describe it is that the room has giant, colorful couch cushions that you can jump and climb on without getting in trouble.  After playing in the soft playroom, it was time to recharge our energy and sugar up.  TIME FOR COOKIES AND MILK.

Here I am blowing out my candles (although I needed Phin's help - his swimming lessons have expanded his lung capacity).  Dad thought it was funny that despite my love of cookies and milk, I did not actually eat cookies or milk at my party - just goldfish and fruit.  Thanks Nana, Grandma, and Mom for baking cookies for my party - there were 8 different kinds (none of which I actually ate).  And thank you to Phin for counting the different kinds of cookies - I can still only count to 4 reliably, although I know all my colors.
Since everyone was in town for my birthday, we decided to plan activities for the entire weekend.  First stop (on Sunday, the day after the party), McKee Beshers Wildlife Area (again) - to take everyone to see the sunflowers.  While the sunflowers were all floppy and had lost most of their petals (not pedals Phin - there were no cars in the field), Nana captured this great picture (above).


After a brief visit to the Sunflowers (brief since they were all floppy), we went to a nearby peach/apple orchard.  Unfortunately, they would not let you pick peaches or apples - just blackberries and flowers.  So after lunch, I sent the family out to fields to get me some blackberries and flowers, while I found a peach in the store and ate it.  Ahh, it's nice having family in town to do all of the work for you. 

It was a great weekend and you can see all of the photos by following this link.

Lots of Love,
Amelia