Sunday, November 20, 2011

Man Stuff - Now that I'm 14 Months Old

I like the new house, but we have been doing some work to make it even better.  We have been changing some outlets so they meet electrical code.  We put up blinds (who wants smokey, broken, painted, 30 year old wood shutters?). We also put on new door knobs throughout the house (so I won't lock myself in the bathroom).

Dad has been letting me help (hence I used 'we' above) as he does the work.  I'm great at shaking all of the screws on to the floor, so he can find them easier.  I like to pick up and move dad's tools - it's a game we play.  I also like to help with the screwdrivers and drill.  The drill is so noisy, so when I use the screw drivers I like to yell like the drill.   AAAAAAAHHHHHH.   I scare the screws into the wood with my yell, just like the drill.  Dad says the neighbors probably love my drilling/yelling too!  Dad and I call doing all of this work 'Man Stuff' (even though our friend Maria helped with the microwave ).  Now that I'm 14 months old, I guess I'm a Man too.  

Anyway, back to Man Stuff.  Oh, Mom took this shot of Dad and I putting on a new door knob this weekend.  As you can tell, it took a lot of screwdrivering to get the knob on.