Thursday, June 28, 2012

Weekend Fun!

My cousin Norah was supposed to come in town last weekend.  I had been looking forward to this trip for a while.  Nora is about my age.  She seems fun to party with (via Skype).  And she likes to dance.  Unfortunately, Nora's trip was cancelled.  She was coughing, not sleeping, and sad.  This made me sad.

But, it seems like Norah will come visit me this fall (I love fall) instead.  So, I was happy.  To celebrate, I decided I wanted to have a weekend of fun, new adventures.  To start my weekend off, Mom and Dad took me to the Zoo.  While I had been there several times before, we went to a new part - the Kid's Farm.  I got to pet a cow, a goat, and a donkey!


Farm animals are fun to pet and play with.  But the goat kept eating the zoo keeper's shorts.  Silly goat, shorts are for wearing, food is for eating. 

Speaking of food, on Sunday we went to do something new (to me).  Plum and Peach picking.  The whole ride out to the farm, Dad kept joking that I was a peach.  I don't get his humor.  When we got there, Dad strapped me in my backpack and I got to help pick!  Below, I'm picking a mini plum (that's all they had, but it's okay, they were Phin-sized) right from the tree!  I'm so strong!  The best part about being a big guy and picking fruit from the tree, is that I can eat it!  One in the bag, one in my mouth, one in the bag, one in my mouth, the one from my mouth in the bag, another in my mouth...


After consuming waaaaaaay tooooo much fruit, we had a picnic at Sky Meadows State Park.  We sat under a historic tree and had a wonderful view of the valley below.  Dad even taught me how to spiderman climb a tree.  I was less successful.



 My weekend was capped off with a trip to the Del Ray music festival with my buddy Max.  While the music was not very good, I did get to go in my first Bouncy Castle.  I was nervous to go in at first, but once I learned it was for jumping I loved it.  More Bouncy Castle, please?  After the castle (it was hot out), we went back to Max's and shared his toys, a story, and a cuddle (I'm on the right). 

Even though I couldn't spend my weekend with cousin Norah (see you this fall), it was still a weekend full of fun.  Check out my pictures from this weekend.

Peace Out,
Phin