Monday, June 4, 2012

Cars Go Kaboom

I love cars and trucks and anything with wheels.  I have matchbox trucks, cars to ride on, choo-choo trains, and other automobiles.  They are so much fun to drive around. 

So when Mom and Dad offered to take me to something called a demolition derby that featured cars, trucks, tractors, and the like, I jumped at the chance.  Literally, I jumped.  I just learned how to jump in May, so I practiced jumping.  Dad warned me that the cars would go kaboom into each other.  So, I was even more excited - cars going kaboom, how fun!

Cars going Kaboom loudly

Well, it turns out I didn't really like it when the cars kaboomed.  I don't like loud things and those cars were really really loud.  Mom tried to teach me how to hold my ears, but I didn't like that either.  I toughed it out, because I'm a big guy, but it took a lot of hugs from mom and dad for me to make it all night long.

Mom told Dad that I might not like loud things because loud things are usually bad - friends screaming, friends crying (I'm a big guy, I don't cry), me falling, stuff falling, cars going kaboom (normally)...  But, I don't like loud things because they are loud.  When I was at the airshow with Dad, I didn't like the Harrier - it was super loud (it was cool, but I didn't like it).  I may be a big guy, but I'm still sensitive.

Pointing out to uncle D the tractor pulling the busted cars from the ring
However, it wasn't all bad, I did love watching the tractors come and pull the broken cars out of the ring between each round.  Tractors are fun.  I have a book about tractors with wheels on it - but that's a different story (haha, so phunny).  It was also good to see Uncle David and Elizabeth (that's D's face on the left of the picture above).  Oh, and I got to have my first try of kettle corn.  I like regular popcorn, but Dad should build a kettle corn machine in the backyard.  That's some good corn.
mmm...kettle corn
 If dad promises to buy me my own bag of kettle corn, I could be convinced to go back to the demolition derby next year (with earplugs).  I'll be 2 then.  Plus, I will need to expose Cloud to the world of cars and tractors.  Here are some other photos from the Demo Derby.

Dad, holding on tight.  I kept shaking at every loud noise.

With Mom and Dad during a break in the action
Peace Out, 
Phin