Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pennsylvania or Bust 2013 - the Poconos & a Phun Museum

Last weekend we took our yearly trip to Pennsylvania.  I was really excited this year.  I have been interested in globes lately - they're round and cool.  Every time I see one, I make Mom and/or Dad show me where we live, where Nana & Papa live, where Grandma & Grandpa live, where Aunt Mimi lives (right next to G-ma & G-pa), where Aunt Lala lives, and where Uncle David is (since he is traveling).  We also talked about where Pennsylvania is, so I was ready to go.

On our way to Pennsylvania we stopped by somewhere called Philadelphia to visit the Please Touch Museum.  This was the coolest museum, because I could touch everything and everything was my height!!


They had a giant piano you could play by walking on it, a water exhibit with lots of ducks and foam boats, an indoor hedge maze, trains to play with, and plenty of cars needing repair.  Good thing I am good at fixing flat tires and engines on my Matchbox cars.  I don't know how those cars would have ever been able to drive if I didn't happen to come to the museum.

After the Museum, we got in the car and finished our drive to Pennsylvania - although Dad kept saying we were headed to the Poconos, oh Daddy.
We had a ton of fun at the Lake House.  Our friends from New York City were there; I'll have to remember to ask where that is next time I see a globe.

Because it was so cold, we got to walk on the frozen lake (above).  Dad said it was like a giant ice cube.  I guess I will need to bring a bigger glass to hold all of that ice next time.  Amelia also got to meet our friend Brendan - she had never met him before.  Evidently, Brendan likes Star Wars too.  He was all excited to know that Yoda is my (and Amelia's) favorite.

We also got to have a lot of fun in the snow - yeah snow.  Dad taught me how to make and throw a snowball - so fun.  I love the snow.
Anyway, check out the rest of our Poconos Pennsylvania photos here.

Peace Out,
Phin


PS - Here's the blog/photos from last year's trip